An Umbrella Policy, also referred to as an Excess Liability Policy, provides protection in the event of a lawsuit filed against you. Umbrella policies provide additional liability coverage above and beyond the limits provided on your primary insurance policies. The Umbrella Policy will respond when the liability limits on your primary policies are exhausted. Umbrella coverage is often very affordable.
How do I know if I need one?
- Do you have teenagers?
- Are you or your children active on social media?
- Have you recently begun selling products through a home based business — such as It Works, LuLaRoe, Avon or any other popular internet vendor?
- Does your home have a pool or trampoline?
- Are you someone who enjoys hosting dinner parties or neighborhood get-togethers?
- Do you own multiple homes?
- Are you a member of any boards or committees, or dedicate time to volunteering in your community?
- Are you accumulating assets?
These are just a few examples of why having an Umbrella Insurance Policy could be crucial in protecting your assets and future earnings. Our team of dedicated insurance professionals will help you determine the proper amount of protection you need based on your assets and exposures.
Good to Know!
A well written Umbrella Policy can provide coverage for exposures that are commonly excluded from standard liability policies, such as Personal Injury — libel, slander, false arrest, defamation of character; as well as liquor liability, worldwide coverage, and legal defense. As your trusted insurance advisors, we will help manage your risk by finding comprehensive coverage at a competitive rate.